- When face to face with each other during a conversation, the eyes and the eyelid areas are common focal point. We tend to look at the eyes of the person we’re talking to. Changes in the appearance cause by ageing may seem to express a false message of sadness, tiredness and lack of energy. In some instances, the sagging skin of the ageing eye may already affect the visual acuity.
- The factor of age, sex, and race may significantly influence the process of ageing. No two eyes are the same. Others would have redundant skin only while others would have redundant skin and sagging periorbital fat.
- A thorough examination should be done in order to address the specific needs.
Also known as eye bag removal.
A cosmetic surgery to remove fatty deposits, excess skin and loose muscles to tighten the area affected by eye bag.
Lower blepharoplasty can correct droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris.
Before and After
Double Eyelid Surgery
It has been said that the eye is the window to the soul. Man’s will, intellect and intentions can be seen by looking in ones eye.
Asian eye are very much different from a Caucasians, about 40 to 50% of Asians are born with a single upper eyelid. The upper eyelid crease in these individuals are not present. Most people feel that due to its absence the facial impression diminishes and that the person may seem to impassive.
Before and After
Canthus refers to the corner of the eye where the upper and lower eyelids convene. The lateral canthus is the one closer to the ear where as the medial is the one closer to the nose.
What is Canthoplasty?
- Refers to a surgical procedure to alter the shape and configuration of the canthus. It may either be for aesthetic or functional reasons.
- Mongolian fold also known as epicanthal fold is a skin flap that covers the medial canthus of the eye. This is a normal feature in fetuses in all races but is present in a pronounced form and in high concentrations in certain geographic races. It is called ‘Mongolian eye fold’, because of its high incidence in and historical association with the Mongoloid geographic race. The distance between the eye is wide making the face look flat.
- Epicanthoplasty is the surgical removal of the epicanthal fold to emphasize the sharpness of the medial canthus.